Everyone loves a good fright, and 2012 will bring plenty of opportunity. If you miss these films when they run in the theater, Directv will surely have them available shortly after their runs.
- First up on the list is a story sure to chill your spine, rampant with exorcism and demons, in the horror thrill ride, The Devil Inside. Set in Italy, a woman seeks to discover the truth of what happened during her own mother’s exorcism. It hits theaters in January. Be sure to bring holy water.
- One month later, The Innkeepers will arrive, promising more than just your average haunted hotel plot. Set in New England, two lone employees of The Yankee Pedlar Inn set off to find proof of haunting during the final days of business at the inn. Strange events happen, and a heck of a good time ensues for the audience. Ready to book a room?
- March brings a new twist to an old tale, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. Fifteen years after their terrifying encounter at the gingerbread house, they have grown up and become hunters of the object of their fear. Their dark adventure is a twisted journey that shouldn’t be missed. Still love fairy tales?
- May finds a once popular daytime drama revamped for the big screen. Dark Shadows will bring to life the ghoulish world of Barnabas Collins, the vampire patriarch of this creepy family. Enjoy the amped up version of this story as witches, monsters, werewolves, ghosts, and zombies come along on this spooktacular ride. A guilty pleasure for soap fans.
- Summer is always full of blockbusters, and one looking particularly interesting is Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Ever think there was more to the Civil War than meets the eye? This movie shows you that you might just be right. Care to battle the undead, anyone?
- A parapsychology experiment goes horribly wrong for a couple in next fall’s The Apparition. Feeding on torture and fear, their only hope is an expert in the supernatural. But is it too late?2012 is set to be a year full of fright, shock, and a grisly good time for all!